- $118,334 per annum + superannuation
- Full time, Ongoing
- Geelong Location
- Conduct less serious and complex employee misconduct and behavioural investigations.
- Maintenance of the Complaints Register, investigation templates and data analysis reporting. Coordination of inbound referrals from People & Culture and support of their preliminary assessment and triaging.
- Coordination of engagement of Panel Investigators for outsourced independent investigations.
- Maintenance of Agenda and Actions Arising for the Complaints Resolution Committee and attendance at meetings to record minutes and monitor actions.
- Accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures.
- Experience and expertise in conducting and managing employee misconduct and behavioural investigations and a wide range of interpersonal conflicts within the workplace, including:
- Experience and expertise in adhering to professional standards in the conduct of investigations in accordance with legislation, regulations and standards
- Experience and expertise in case management from receipt and preliminary assessment of complaints, determining allegations and particulars, documenting investigative procedures and outcomes, through to final reports and briefings
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to stand alone and give independent advice Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
Internal InvestigatorGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
Under the direction of the Senior Risk & Compliance Officer, the Internal Investigator will have responsibility for the conduct of efficient, timely and effective investigations into the breach of organisational policy, practices and processes including WorkSafe’s Code of Conduct, ensuring obligations for procedural fairness and natural justice are adhered to at all times and ensuring due care for the health and safety of employees involved in any dispute resolution process.
The role is a secondary point (in support of the Senior Risk & Compliance Officer) of contact for reporting and managing complaints about and by WorkSafe employees and contractors from internal and external sources in line with WorkSafe’s Complaint Resolution Policy. The role will also assist the Senior Risk & Compliance Officer in managing, developing and shaping standards and practices that provide comfort to the Board, the Chief Executive, the Executive Leadership Team and all employees at WorkSafe, to ensure unethical/inappropriate practices can be reported without fear and will be treated with appropriate tact and integrity.
Requirements of the position
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Monday 30th March 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Victoria Smith on 03 4243 8892.
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation.
Workplaces are changing rapidly, and community expectations are shifting. By 2030, Victoria will have a workforce of nearly four million people, with many Victorians working in very different environments with new hazards and risks. WorkSafe needs to transform itself in order to meet the challenges which lie ahead. WorkSafe 2030’s is a long-term, strategic response to these challenges.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Category: Accounting & Finance - Audit
Reference ID: TB000001
Date Posted: 24/03/2020