- Permanent, Fulltime
- Executive remuneration
- Geelong location
- Manage one or more key relationships within the organisation
- Ad-hoc requests for actuarial assistance and cost or benefit assessments from within WorkSafe
- Input to, and review of, the six-monthly external actuarial valuations of the Scheme
- Input to the Agent remuneration model, including design of the annual incentive system
- Conversion of actuarial information into user friendly advice for operational areas
- Education of senior managers of WorkSafe and its Agents in understanding claims liability management
- Provision of strategic advice to senior management in terms of potential liability and premium implications of management decisions
- Provide highly specialist advice on behalf of WorkSafe to external stakeholders such as Government and public or private sector groups
- Delivering specific and measurable results across a broad and complex area by influencing a network of diverse internal and external resources
- Providing advice to the core business and leading targeted programs and projects
- Providing solutions to defined functional objectives to improve current practices
- Demonstrated experience in application of actuarial methods and concepts
- Ability to convert complex issues to a simple format to allow greater understanding
Senior Actuarial ConsultantGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The Senior Actuarial Consultant is a senior role within the Business Analytics arm of WorkSafe’s Intelligence Management Function (IMF). This position provides consultancy support to the Manager, Actuarial Services. The Actuarial team is responsible for the management of the valuation of the Victorian Workers’ Compensation Scheme. The division has strong relationships with WorkSafe’s operational divisions and works closely with all aspects of the claims management process.
This position is based in the beautiful new Geelong office location.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
As the successful candidate you’ll be an experienced leading professional or technical expert with excellent analytical and reasoning skills. You have proven ability to work autonomously as a specialist and collaboratively with the wider business. Your communication, interpersonal and influencing skills are superior as stakeholder engagement is fundamental within the role.
Completion of, or significant progress towards, formal actuarial qualification (Associate or Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia preferred).
Three or more years of actuarial experience, preferably in a General Insurance environment.
A background in health, consulting or insurance environment.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:00pm, Tuesday 21st of January 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Jessica Richardson on Jessica_Richardson@worksafe.vic.gov.au
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community’s high expectations in relation to managing the workers’ compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030’s prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Category: Data and Analytics - Other
Reference ID: JR000114
Date Posted: 06/01/2020