- Geelong location
- $130,851.00 per annum plus super
- Full time, Fixed Term for 18 months
- Develop partnerships and establish agreements/MoUs with other jurisdictions.
- Negotiate to design and implement a governance model for the National Centre that is agreed by all partners.
- Develop and implement the initial National Research Strategy and research priorities.
- Design and implement a research management and performance monitoring framework.
- Prepare documents and reports and review materials as required.
- Review and refine research development and management processes to ensure the national research program is well managed and research findings are translatable into implementable recommendations and insights for stakeholders.
- Liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders for successful outcomes and to meet WorkSafe's objectives.
- Manage strategic high-level relationships and proactively negotiate to identify and achieve common goals.
- Extensive experience in establishing new research collaborations, partnerships and governance models, and working across agencies or jurisdictions.
- Experience synthesising information and making high-level, strategic recommendations.
- Significant experience developing new research partnerships across business, university and government sectors, and successfully implementing a strategic program of research.
- Exemplary project management, presentation and writing skills, strong attention to detail and superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and proficiency with business planning, financial reporting, project management and contract management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think critically to propose solutions to problems.
- Proven ability to translate research findings into insights to inform business decisions.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as a member of a team.
National Research Program LeadGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The National Research Program Lead is a critical and strategic role that is accountable for developing and driving WorkSafe's National research program. The position is responsible for initiating, procuring and implementing a new national research program to meet evidence needs across the entire business.
The role sits within the Research Division of the Insights & Innovation Business Unit. The Research Division manages WorkSafe's comprehensive market and social research portfolio, including a variety of service and attitude surveys, as well as strategic research and evaluation projects. The Australia New Zealand Research Collaboration (ANZRC) is a new addition to the WorkSafe research model and this role is responsible for its development and implementation.
Operating independently and with authority, this role must also provide an effective and sophisticated source of business intelligence and strategic insight to the Director, Research and WorkSafe Senior Leaders, in relation to research partnerships, collaborations, fostering networks and developing strategic relationships to facilitate successful research activities.
The role will establish the ANZRC, implement appropriate governance and reporting, undertake consultation and negotiations, and gain multi-jurisdictional agreements to secure the foundations of the national research program.
Some key accountabilities;
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are a seasoned professional who can communicate influentially with key internal and external stakeholders. You will hold a PhD (or equivalent) and have extensive experience as a project lead in a public sector research environment, as well as having strong project management and interpersonal skills.
More specifically you will have;
A PhD or post graduate degree with extensive relevant experience is essential.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Thursday 19th December. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
*Please note that screening and interviews may take place into the New Year.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Manager National Research Program - PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Executive / Corporate Strategy - Management
Reference ID: IR000030
Date Posted: 28/11/2019