- $130,851 per annum + superannuation
- Full time, Fixed Term (12 months)
- Geelong Location
- Lead the development of critical occupational health and safety and workers compensation legislative and regulatory policy using a range of research and analysis techniques to develop policy options and recommendations.
- Developing and supporting the review and implementation of legislation and subordinate instruments administered by WorkSafe Victoria.
- Prepare drafting instructions, briefings, Cabinet documents, discussion/consultation papers and reports as part of legislative, parliamentary, stakeholder engagement and other policy processes.
- Provide expert strategic advice to enable and support the development and implementation of legislative and regulatory reforms, statutory guidance, and non-regulatory policy options, including assessment of the most appropriate policy tool to achieve sustainable outcomes.
- Proactive identification and escalation of emerging trends, issues and risks in occupational health and safety and workers compensation legislation and policy
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to identify emerging trends and systemic issues, develop effective responses and position an organisation to take a proactive approach to addressing issues and opportunities.
- Experience in improving policy capability within an organisation, developing and coaching individuals and managing performance.
- Experience in leading the development of strategic and/or legal policy, gained in a Government environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with experience facilitating cross-organisational approaches to problem solving and a constructive approach to managing conflict.
- Experience in providing high quality and rigorous advice on a range of complex policy and/or legal issues within limited time constraints, including authoritative advice to senior officers, Government departments and Ministers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OHS and/or compensation law (or the capacity to rapidly gain this knowledge) and understanding of development of legislation and related Parliamentary processes.
Senior Policy & Legislation OfficerGeelong VIC, Australia
At WorkSafe we’re dedicated to supporting all Victorians to be healthy and safe at work and to recover from any workplace injury or illness as quickly as possible. Our passion for safety and wellbeing is what unites us.
Agile and curious, our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. We work closely with employers, workers and the community to prevent workplace injury and illness and to improve outcomes and the client experience. We make WorkSafe.
About the role
The purpose of this role is review, analyse, advise on and develop policy and strategy in a range of contexts including strategic, economic, legislative, regulatory and operational. The Senior Policy & Legislation Officer formulates effective legislative and statutory solutions, provides authoritative policy advice to WorkSafe, and assesses and responds to emerging trends and challenges in occupational health and safety and workers compensation.
The Senior Policy & Legislation Officer will work across a broad range of subject matter, including occupational health and safety, dangerous goods and workers compensation.
Requirements of the position
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Monday 6th April 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Victoria Smith on 03 4243 8892.
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation.
Workplaces are changing rapidly, and community expectations are shifting. By 2030, Victoria will have a workforce of nearly four million people, with many Victorians working in very different environments with new hazards and risks. WorkSafe needs to transform itself in order to meet the challenges which lie ahead. WorkSafe 2030’s is a long-term, strategic response to these challenges.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Senior Policy & Legislation Officer PD (V1).pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Legal - Legislation & Regulation
Reference ID: VS000023
Date Posted: 27/03/2020