- $130,851.00 per annum + superannuation
- Full Time, Fixed Term – Multiple positions available
- Based in Geelong, plus potential for flexible working arrangements across Geelong & Melbourne CBD
- Managing and leading a range of priority projects, being heavily involved in designing, developing and implementing consistent with WorkSafe’s overall strategic direction.
- Partnering with business owners and provide strategic support by identifying opportunities to improve business unit or organisational policy and process that may be driven by WorkSafe’s 2030 strategy, operational direction, and / or government and legislative requirements.
- Systematically research and conduct in-depth analysis of complex data and information, using various analytical techniques to propose systematic solution options to specific issues.
- Developing robust Business Cases with clear and sound justification towards recommended options, anticipating opportunities and supporting areas through change.
- Identifing impacts on operations, clients and stakeholders and make recommendations to influence on project outcomes, as well as identifying risks and mitigations.
- Undertaking the role of Project Management, Business Analyst and/or Change Management interchangeably with the purpose of leading the business through transformation.
- Extensive experience in implementing strategic and innovative products, program and process improvements, coordinating activities of others with sound project management methodology.
- Strong ability to lead projects through ambiguity and achieve objectives, including leading and coordinating project working groups and steering committees.
- Experience in managing confidential and sensitive information and data.
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills, including influencing senior stakeholders.
- Understand and effectively navigate operational governance, adapting project delivery and approaches to support the implementation of complex programs.
- Ability to review and analyse ambiguous data to formulate simplified solutions and results, with highly developed analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in developing and supporting the implementation of innovative solutions in a complex legislative / operational environment.
- Understanding of change management principles and how to influence to gain acceptance of change.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the preparation of complex business cases and executive / ministerial level documentation.
Senior Project LeadGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The Insurance Business Unit of WorkSafe Victoria works to ensure claims are managed effectively and injured workers returned to safe and sustainable work.
The Senior Project Lead will play an important role in meeting the organisation’s performance targets associated with our critical measures including those scheme indicators relating to Healthy and Safe, Recovery (including Return to Work), Value and People.
If you’re successful in this position you will be responsible for:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Tertiary qualification in project management and/or business analyst and/or significant industry experience together with relevant tertiary education in a business related discipline will be viewed favourably.
Applications close 11:00pm, Sunday 19th January 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Gemma Simpson on (03) 9940 4531.
WorkSafe Victoria plays a critical role in the lives of Victorian employers and workers - as the state’s health and safety regulator and as the manager of Victoria’s workers compensation scheme. In both capacities, employers and workers are at the heart of our service.
Our aim is to keep all workplaces healthy and safe, and to deliver high quality care and treatment when workers are injured.
Our goals are to embed in every workplace a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety across the state, and to provide a personalised, tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe.
Like wearing a seatbelt or putting on sunscreen, “prevention-led” thinking will become automatic every time Victorians step into the workplace.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
PD - Senior Project Lead IBU.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Insurance - Other
Reference ID: GS000205
Date Posted: 01/12/2019