- $106,816.00 Per Annum + Super
- 3 Months Fixed Term - Starting January 2020
- Multiple roles available
- Adopt simple plain English content that is accessible and readily comprehended by a diverse community, including people with low literacy, culturally and linguistically diverse audiences and those with a lived experience of disability
- Comply with content guidelines and cross-stream protocols as well as key WorkSafe 2030 customer-centric and prevention-led principles
- Review and edit content created by service providers and business subject matter experts, ensuring agreed consultation and approval processes are followed
- Collaborate closely with relevant product owners, project managers and business analysts, as well as fellow content writers to inform and progress the development of content within set timeframes
- Accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures. This is applicable to both hardcopy and electronic information, including email
- Adhere to all WorkSafe's policies and procedures and any legislative requirements relevant to this position
- Any other reasonable and related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of WorkSafe
- Significant experience in a similar role, including experience producing digital content for varied audiences
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to translate and distil often complex or technical information into accurate, engaging copy
- High-level proficiency with English grammar fundamentals
- Refined oral communication and interpersonal attributes including the ability to liaise with peers and stakeholders in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and when required, autonomously with limited guidance
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills, with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in a complex organisation and/ or a business transformation environment
- Working knowledge of digital content principles (taxonomy and information architecture)
- Experience working in a flexible resourcing model that involves matrix management of resources
- Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Working knowledge of content design for search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Practical understanding of metadata and content tagging
Senior Content WriterGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The senior content writer will form part of a broader transformation project staff, collectively developing new projects, new processes and new technologies as part of WorkSafe 2030. In addition to working with the WorkSafe project team, the successful candidate will liaise closely with external service providers to support the reinvention of WorkSafe's digital presence and improve information provided to WorkSafe's clients.
Some key accountabilities:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced senior content writer who can produce accurate and engaging content (including short and long form copy) for multiple channels and audiences. Your communication and organisational skills are highly developed as stakeholder engagement is key within the role. You're also a team oriented person who enjoys delivering outcomes in a timely manner.
More specifically you will have;
Tertiary qualification in journalism, copywriting, digital content, user experience design or digital marketing
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Friday 22nd November. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Senior Content Writer - PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Communications, Marketing & Media - Marketing Communications
Reference ID: IR000012
Date Posted: 07/11/2019