- $104, 979, per annum + super
- Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Geelong Location
- Collaborate with the members of the project team in the scoping, design and development of the project.
- Seek the input of stakeholders at key developmental and implementation stages of the project.
- Report on progress against the project plan. Build in review points to determine if project is on track or requires adjustment.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners and members of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver assigned projects.
- Adhere to all WorkSafe’s policies and procedures and any legislative requirements relevant to this position
- You will have high level communication skills, including facilitation of groups and the ability to give advice and information and be able to interpret existing legislation and policy.
- You will have Tertiary qualification / Diploma in OHS or Business Management
- You will possess project coordination experience and be able to actively engage with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and analytically
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
Project OfficerGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
Working collaboratively, Specialist Programs and Licensing design and deliver the high priority strategic improvement programs aimed at reducing injury, illness and fatalities in Victorian workplaces, and provide technical support to ensure WorkSafe can deliver its statutory and regulatory functions.
The Project Officer will develop and operationalise initiatives for the strategic programs to promote and protect health, safety and wellbeing of Victorian workers. They will do this in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You will possess technical expertise in project development and implementation, knowledge of the operational environment and have technical expertise in relation to a particular business or industry sector (e.g. workplace mental safety).
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Wednesday 27 November. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on 03 4243 8819.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted and previous applicants need not re-apply.
WorkSafe Victoria plays a critical role in the lives of Victorian employers and workers - as the state’s health and safety regulator and as the manager of Victoria’s workers compensation scheme. In both capacities, employers and workers are at the heart of our service.
Our aim is to keep all workplaces healthy and safe, and to deliver high quality care and treatment when workers are injured.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Project officer PD.pdf
Category: Health & Safety - Project Officers
Reference ID: OH000010
Date Posted: 07/11/2019