- $116, 299 per annum + Super
- Full time, Fixed Term Position (12 months)
- Essendon Fields Location
- You will possess technical expertise and knowledge of the operational environment and the particular business or industry sector.
- You understand the legal, policy and the operational environment and are able to develop initiatives, supported by research, analysis and a business case justifying the initiative.
- You possess the ability to influence the thinking and actions of others, and to facilitate diverse groups.
- Your expertise is in the capture and analysis of input received from stakeholders, research & analysis and WorkSafe directives plus the ability to formulate that input into draft policy, procedures and management plans.
- There is also a significant need to manage communication and deal with change.
- Strong ability to undertake effective research and analyse material
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems in a complex environment
- Experience in the preparation of project plans, agendas, minutes, reports and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to liaise in a professional manner with a diverse stakeholder group including senior management, employer groups, unions and internal stakeholders
- Strong experience in conducting presentations, facilitating discussion groups and/or training sessions
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Skype and email (Lotus notes preferred)
- Experience in applying and a strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety
Program OfficerEssendon Fields VIC, Australia
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Founded on care and driven by collaboration, our Health and Safety Business Unit is committed to getting Victorians home safely every day. We're growing our team with people whose expertise, insight and passion will help us reach our goals for a safer Victoria.
This role will be based at Essendon Fields with some travel required to the WorkSafe Victoria Mulgrave office.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Manager, this role supports the development and implementation of initiatives and projects, including the development of supporting procedure and policy, and drives acceptance into the business and across a number of stakeholder groups. Regional Program Officers will form part of a team that work under the direction of a Program Manager to support delivery of operational interventions and safety improvement programs with employers in the region and to develop intervention programs in relation to the Industry or stakeholder portfolios.
Skills & experience
Benefits & culture
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight Friday 22 November 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on (03) 4243 8819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve
Progra Officer PD - Essendon Fields.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Health & Safety - Program Officers
Reference ID: OH000008
Date Posted: 06/11/2019