- $78,412.00 per annum + Super
- Full Time, Ongoing Opportunity
- Melbourne CBD Location
- Drafting and formatting legal documents and correspondence, including charge and summons, costs sheets and backsheets for Counsel.
- Ensure court dates are accurate and provide information to relevant parties regarding each stage of the court process.
- Draft, issue and ensure the service and filing of prosecution documents; including charge and summons and subpoenas.
- Liaise regularly with the Criminal Coordinator and Registrars of the various courts to manage such issues as listing of cases, adjournments and obtaining court extracts.
- Liaise with Counsel and their Clerks in order to prepare and deliver briefs and other documentation.
- You will possess knowledge of the specific administrative/operational function or the business being supported (e.g. understanding the policies and procedures or the work of the team), usually gained through experience.
- You will also be able to interpret, communicate and provide advice on policy and procedure, identify trends and anomalies, and resolve stakeholder issues.
- Experience working within a legal environment with an understanding of legal systems and criminal processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
ParalegalMelbourne VIC, Australia
Come and join a progressive and rewarding business to protect our workers and returning them home safely every day. If you want to make a difference, WorkSafe is a great step in a rewarding and satisfying career.
About the role
The Enforcement Group is responsible for investigating and prosecuting breaches of health and safety and accident compensation legislation.
The review and investigation of potential breaches of legislation administered by WorkSafe is fundamental to achieving safer workplaces and maintaining a viable and equitable workers compensation scheme.
This role acts as the heart and soul of the enforcement team. If you are proactive and take pride in how you support a team then you are encouraged to apply.
Your tasks will include but not be limited to:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Friday 18 October. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Leigh O’Donnell on 03 4243 8851.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Category: Legal - Law Clerks & Paralegals
Reference ID: LO000127
Date Posted: 04/10/2019