- $118,334.00 per annum + 9.5% super
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Geelong location
- Maintain and develop the financial accounting function, and ensure statutory and external reporting meets professional, statutory and regulatory obligations and requirements
- Maintain and develop financial accounting and related policies and procedures to meet good practice and current professional, statutory and regulatory standard requirements
- Undertake financial analysis and assessments, and provide expert advice, guidance and direction to the finance services team and the business on financial accounting and related matters
- Statutory Financial Reporting
- General Ledger and Financial Accounting
- Advice, Policy & Procedures
- A relevant professional qualification such as a CA/CPA or equivalent
- Experience in statutory financial reports would be desirable
- Experience in the general insurance industry reporting under the Financial Management Act 1994 and the Standing Directions of the Minister for Finance would be highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience in the management of financial accounting operations in a large and complex organisation
- Strong technical skills in relation to accounting matters including accounting standards
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skill with a demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively with the wide cross section of stakeholders and service providers
- Good working knowledge of integrated computerised systems and experience in the ongoing maintenance and development of financial and reporting systems
- Preferred but not essential experience using software applications (Oracle Financials), databases, excel spreadsheets (intermediate/advanced) and word processing
Financial AccountantGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The purpose of the role is to utilise sound working knowledge and expertise in financial accounting, procedures and analysis to:
Key areas of accountability include:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities and skills for this role.
Skills & experience
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close 11pm, Sunday 15th December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Gemma Simpson on (03) 9940 4531.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
PD - Financial Accountant.pdf
Category: Accounting & Finance - Financial Accounting & Reporting
Reference ID: GS000202
Date Posted: 02/12/2019