- $134,775 per annum + superannuation + vehicle
- Exciting opportunity in a fast paced team
- Responsibility across the state
- Effective relationship building and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive, Monitor and Report on team's progress against KPI's
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for investigations with appearance in court as required
- Manage critical incident attendance (state-wide)
- Provide leadership, guidance and ensure appropriate resource management
- Working across multiple offices and addressing the daily needs of your team, whilst having the ability to respond and react across multiple offices
- Demonstrated ability to give evidence as a witness and a sound knowledge of the legal system and processes associated with complex criminal investigations and prosecutions, including County and Supreme Court experience in relation to fatalities.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex investigations, comparable to workplace manslaughter, within the criminal justice system.
- Proven decision making experience and the ability to work independently. You are able to efficiently gather and process all information in order to make a calculated decision including factoring in risks
- A charismatic leadership style and have the ability to bring people along on the journey
- Experience triaging files and requests to determine business fit prior to allocation to your team
- A tertiary qualification in a related field is highly desirable (i.e. Diploma of OH&S, Diploma of Management, Diploma of Investigations)
Fatalities Investigations ManagerMelbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
The Fatalities Investigation Manager has an important role in managing a team of investigators who conduct comprehensive investigations into alleged breaches of the OH&S legislation, specifically in relation to fatalities and workplace manslaughter. You will ensure your team is undertaking high level investigations whilst making sure they are engaged, resourced and working towards achieving their KPI's
To find out more about this role please view the position description available via; www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced and effective leader and are well equipped to manage a geographically spread team. You build relationships with stakeholders quickly and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. You have an ability to prioritise objectives on a daily basis.
In addition you have;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm 31 December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve
3342 Fatalities Investigation Manager PD 02.12.19 (002).pdf
Category: Investigators - Regional Investigations Manager
Reference ID: LO000147
Date Posted: 02/12/2019