- $88,129.00 Per Annum + Super
- Permanent, Full time
- Melbourne CBD location
- Tailor approach to deliver sensitive information on behalf of investigators, lawyers and other key stakeholders.
- Assist injured workers and families who have experienced a workplace fatality, by informing them of court procedures, advising and providing support of the likely prosecution and court processes, as well as providing court support when required.
- Assist victims and witnesses to access and utilise, outside organisations by liaising with and referring to other agencies working with injured workers and families.
- Provide a social work assessment of victims and witnesses by identifying and responding to the individual needs of victims and witnesses.
- Work collaboratively with legal staff supporting witnesses and injured workers in case conferences including coaching and supporting individuals through the process of giving evidence.
- Review court documents and provide recommendations to investigators, lawyers and other key stakeholders relating to support for victims and witnesses.
- Develop and implement collaborative, client-centred service initiatives by providing advice, guidance and support and by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively contribute to ongoing policy and program development within WorkSafe regarding issues for victims and witnesses.
- Accurately manage relevant databases and files, including quality assurance, in line with WorkSafe policies and procedures.
- Accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures. This is applicable to both hardcopy and electronic information, including email.
- Experience undertaking risk assessments and delivering case management/counselling to people experiencing grief or loss.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the management of complex cases.
- Experience dealing with high risk and/or vulnerable clients.
- Experience in the identification, investigation and resolution of complex stakeholder issues.
- Experience in reviewing legal documents and presenting findings to a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of confidentiality, rights and responsibilities and actively following professional requirements under the Privacy Act.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Experience in managing work priorities and organising time to complete a variety of work tasks.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating projects, identifying and resolving complex issues and establishing processes, procedures and systems to improve service delivery.
- Experience working in a similar legal environment.
- A qualification in counselling, psychology or social work is required.
- Significant experience in a legal environment is highly desirable.
- Other health accreditations would be viewed favourably but not essential.
Family Liaison Officer (Fatalities)Melbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
The Family Liaison Officer sits within the Enforcement Group of WorkSafe and is responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with Victoria's accident compensation and health and safety laws. The Enforcement Group has a team of criminal, administrative, OH&S and compensation legal specialists. This position is accountable for providing specialist social work advice to support both accident compensation and OH&S prosecutions, the conduct of investigations compliance with the Victims Charter Act 2006 (Vic) and families and injured workers system reform.
Some key accountabilities:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You have demonstrated experience liaising on a professional level with a diverse client/stakeholder group. You will be able to meet consistent timelines and to effectively manage varying and complex workloads. Your time management, prioritisation and organisational skills are highly developed as are your written and oral communication skills.
More specifically you will have;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 23rd December. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
*Please note that shortlisting and interviews will take place into the New Year.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Family Liaison Officer - PD.pdf
Category: Health & Safety - Other
Reference ID: IR000034
Date Posted: 02/12/2019