- Attractive Salary Package
- Full Time, Fixed Term (12 months)
- Geelong Location
- Manage and lead a team in the provision of advice, information and the licence transaction processing needs of the Victorian Community.
- Manage the end to end licensing process within WorkSafe including technical assessment, delegates’ decision, review and appeals.
- Ensure all Licence processes fully comply with internal policy and legislative requirements and seek continuous improvement in the efficiency and streamlining of WorkSafe’s end to end permissioning processes including the development of business cases and recommendations.
- Manage the caseload of licensing matters such as complaint management, Ministerial liaison, briefings and licence refusals.
- Develop a truly client focussed environment, utilising appropriate technology & processes in a cost effective manner.
- You will possess and ability to lead, motivate and develop staff to deliver a consistently high level of client service, using effective performance objectives and measures.
- Proven experience in a change management environment, with the ability to bring together a diverse group of staff and foster a productive and cohesive team.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and implement multi-faceted programs / systems/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing stakeholder relationships at all levels (executive, senior management and operational).
- Proven ability to liaise and maintain effective relationships with external Service Providers while ensuring contractual arrangements are sound, fair and meet strategic objectives of the organisation.
Director LicensingGeelong VIC, Australia
WorkSafe Victoria has entered in an exciting period of transformation to better serve the community we take pride in keeping safe.
About the role
The Specialists, Programs and Licensing Division comprise the Specialist Services, Programs and Licensing Teams.
Working collaboratively, SPL design and deliver the high priority strategic improvement programs aimed at reducing injury, illness and fatalities in Victorian workplaces,provide technical support to ensure WorkSafe can deliver its statutory and regulatory functions, including the adminisation of Occupational Health and Safety & Dangerous Goods permissions (Licences)
The Director, Licensing is responsible for managing and coordinating the delivery of a consistent, high level client services within a diverse and professional administrative team. The client services provided encompass the delivery of information and advice to the Victorian community on a wide range of licensing issues through telephone, face to face and written communications together with the end to end processing of a large volume, diverse range of licence applications that range in complexity.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced leader with an ability to build a high performing culture within your team. You will have experience in a regulatory environment with a strong emphasis on customer service and a strategic vision for the future.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Friday 18 October. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Leigh O’Donnell on 03 4243 8851.
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Director, Licensing PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Health & Safety - Management
Reference ID: LO000128
Date Posted: 04/10/2019