- $118,334.00 Per Annum + Super
- Full time, Fixed term until December 2020
- Geelong location
- Prepare, develop and ensure the quality and accuracy of statutory and non-statutory guidance material.
- Write, edit and proofread technical and legislative guidance in accordance with the WorkSafe style guide.
- Lead, develop and implement projects to agreed timeframes, provide advice, briefings and make recommendations to senior management, the Board and the Minister.
- Build and maintain collaborative client and stakeholder working relationships, and source and incorporate feedback from relevant parties into the drafting of guidance.
- Research and recommend solutions aligned with business objectives, demonstrating an analysis of business needs and the external environment.
- Identify and mitigate organisational risks relating to WorkSafe's information and guidance.
- Contribute to policy and other strategic projects undertaken by LPIS.
- Assist with business and project planning.
- Comply with all WorkSafe policies and procedures and perform duties in accordance with company values.
- Encourage an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Other duties as requested by the Manager, Information & Guidance.
- Highly developed written (e.g. issues papers and briefings) and verbal (e.g. chairing meetings and presenting to stakeholders) communication skills.
- Experience in developing/preparing documentation and translating technical text into plain and accessible language.
- Highly developed critical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding and prior application of project management methodologies and experience in the preparation of project plans, reports and presentations.
- Experience in providing high level and rigorous analysis and advice on a range of complex issues within limited time constraints, and to drive and influence project outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement supporting procedures and policy.
- Ability to monitor external environments to drive best practice and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise in a professional manner with a diverse stakeholder group including senior management, employer groups, unions and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to align activities to organisational goals.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Tertiary qualification in communications, policy or law.
Senior Legislative Guidance OfficerGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The Senior Legislative Guidance Officer works in the Information and Guidance (I&G) Team to manage and maintain the production of guidance material, including writing, editing and incorporating technical, legal and policy advice. The Team also plays a leading role in strategic projects related to statutory and non-statutory guidance, including some national work.
This role involves working collaboratively with a wide range of subject matter experts across WorkSafe and with external stakeholders, to successfully deliver statutory and non-statutory guidance to the Victorian community that achieves the organisation's Worksafe 2030 goals.
The I&G Team is part of the Legislation, Policy and Information Services Division (LPIS).
Some key accountabilities:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced communications professional with strong technical writing skills. Your communication, problem solving and organisational skills are highly developed as stakeholder engagement is key within the role. You're also a team oriented person who enjoys delivering outcomes in a timely manner. You have a good knowledge of OHS and Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation law, or the ability to learn new and complex information quickly.
More specifically you will have;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Friday 24th January. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Senior Legislative Guidance Officer - PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Legal - Legislation & Regulation
Reference ID: IR000039
Date Posted: 13/01/2020