- 1 year fixed term
- Based in Geelong
- Executive Remuneration Package
- Proven leadership and change management experience essential
- Working independently as a specialist or directly managing a number of staff consisting of subordinate supervisors or team leaders to meet specific output measures
- Accountability for achievement of team results
- Ability to allocate and align resources to achieve core business objectives of WorkSafe
- Demonstrated experience in leading key negotiations and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic and innovative procurement arrangements for Health providers that deliver cost effective purchasing and quality outcomes for injured workers.
- Undertake extensive external market research working with other funding organisations to develop effective arrangements with health providers to ensure cost-effective high quality services for injured workers
- Proactive identification of strategic and organisational risks and contribute to development of future opportunities to influence health providers quality and performance
- Act as the lead commercial negotiator as required ensuring WS strategic objectives are met and the long term outcomes for clients and liability of both schemes are key considerations in final agreements reached.
- Development of relationships with other funders, providers, peak bodies and Government agencies to leverage off best practice procurement services
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Commerce or Business Management
Manager Commercial FundingGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The Manager, Commercial and Funding is responsible for overseeing WorkSafe’s commercial arrangements for health and disability providers. This includes health purchasing and contract development including negotiation of commercial terms, input into policy design and the establishment, maintenance and review of fee schedules,. To support this, the commercial funding and strategy team undertake a range of market and cost analysis including analysis of total cost spend and trends across different services and industries.
This position is based in our brand new Geelong office location.
Skills and experience
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Tuesday 21st of January 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Jess Richardson on email@example.com
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Come and join a progressive and rewarding business to protect our workers and returning them home safely every day. If you want to make a difference, WorkSafe is a great step in a rewarding and satisfying career.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Manager, Commercial and Funding_PD.pdf
Category: Executive / Corporate Strategy - Strategy & Planning
Reference ID: JR000115
Date Posted: 07/01/2020