- $118,334.00 Per Annum + Super
- Permanent, Full time
- Melbourne CBD location
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist social services advice and operational support on engagement with Victims of Crime and injured persons, the conduct of investigations and compliance with the Victims' Charter Act 2006 (Vic) (Victims' Charter).
- Supervise all aspects of the day to day practice of the Family Liaison Officers, including workload and file management, co-ordination of litigation commitments, co-ordinating the provision of WorkCover claims management information, strategic case management advice, goal setting to meet key performance indicators and professional development.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Enforcement Group's Managing Principal Lawyers, Lead Lawyers, Manager, Complaints and Risk Management and the Director of Claims, Insurance Business Unit, to facilitate day to day compliance and enforcement activity, delivery of social services and strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement guidelines, policies and strategies for the effective delivery of social services, including key performance indicators both within WorkSafe and to relevant external stakeholders.
- Provide expert technical advice and operational support on all aspects of the delivery of social services by WorkSafe, including investigation and litigation practices, policy, risk management and strategic priorities.
- Identify, research and propose policy, procedural (both legal and investigative) and other strategic social service reform to develop and improve social services delivery, project performance and compliance with the Victims' Charter.
- Provide detailed and timely briefings to key stakeholders on social services delivery, project performance and compliance with the Victims' Charter.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including external agencies, in relation to compliance and enforcement activity and delivery of social services and strategic priorities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Victims' Services Agencies as defined in the Victims' charter and relevant community support services for Victims of Crime.
- Accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures. This is applicable to both hardcopy and electronic information, including email.
- Able to Demonstrated experience in providing social services advice in strategic, compliance and enforcement contexts.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic social services initiatives.
- Demonstrated social services advocacy experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Victorian Investigatory Agencies, Prosecuting Agencies, Victims' Services Agencies and Victim of Crime community support services.
- Tertiary qualification in the field of social work or psychology, with at least five years post-qualification experience.
- Masters qualification in social work or psychology is preferred.
Lead Family Liaison OfficerCollins Street, Docklands VIC, Australia
About the role
The Lead Family Liaison Officer sits within the Enforcement Group of WorkSafe and is responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with Victoria's accident compensation and health and safety laws. The Enforcement Group has a team of criminal, administrative, OH&S and compensation legal specialists. This position is accountable for managing a multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist social work advice to support both accident compensation and OH&S prosecutions and providing advice on the conduct of investigations, engagement with Victims of Crime and injured persons, compliance with the Victims Charter Act 2006 (Vic) and strategic projects.
Some key accountabilities:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You have significant experience in conducting a social services practice with limited supervision. Your leadership skills are highly developed and you can comfortably lead a multi-disciplinary team to meet timelines whilst also effectively managing varying and complex workloads.
More specifically you will have;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 23rd December. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
*Please note that shortlisting and interviews will take place into the New Year.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Lead Family Liaison Officer - PD.pdf
Category: Health & Safety - Other
Reference ID: IR000033
Date Posted: 02/12/2019