- $106,816.00 per annum + Super
- Full Time, Ongoing Opportunity
- Educating workers in relation to the conciliation process
- Providing technical expertise to workers in relation to the compensation entitlement matters that are the subject of dispute
- Analysing and evaluating documentation to identify a plausible argument in support of the worker's contention
- Liaising with a variety of stakeholders on behalf of the worker to ensure that all relevant information is identified and collated during the dispute resolution process
- Regular travel to regional areas where necessary
- The ability to deal with high level emotional and conflict driven situations
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to undertake effective research and analyse material
- Extensive technical knowledge of the Accident Compensation Act and relevant claims procedures and case law
Workers ConsultantMelbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
The Workers Consultant utilises their expertise and knowledge of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act and the Accident Compensation Act to assist workers who have lodged a conciliation request with the Accident Compensation Conciliation Service (ACCS) concerning a decision made by an agent, self-insurer or employer in relation to their worker's compensation claim. Reporting into the Senior Workers Consultant, this role will also be responsible for:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
As the successful candidate you will have a strong background and working knowledge of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act. You have excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to negotiate across a diverse range of stakeholders. With strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise conflicting priorities, you will also possess:
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Friday 3rd April 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Katherine Bray at Katherine_bray@worksafe.vic.gov.au
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Workers Consultant PD.pdf
Category: Insurance - Workers’ Compensation
Reference ID: KB000058
Date Posted: 23/03/2020