- Key Strategic Leadership Position
- Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Melbourne Location
- Lead WorkSafe's engagement with its Major Hazards and Dangerous Goods sector MOU partners and other external stakeholder groups e.g. emergency services, industry associations, unions, other Australian Major Hazards regulators
- Manage WorkSafe's commitments under its MoUs with other regulatory agencies
- Oversee the Major Hazards Program's guidance and communication material, including its currency, maintenance, distribution and channel
- Manage the Major Hazards stakeholder education program, including forums and shared learnings programs
- Manage assessments and provision of advice to third parties for land use planning matters around Major Hazard Facilities
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level and with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and understanding of accident causation in complex, high risk environments
- Experience in an industrial environment, preferably high hazard e.g. Major Hazards, Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Aviation
- Proven leadership and team development skills
- Experience in assisting and advising workplaces on how to meet their health and safety and Dangerous Goods obligations
Manager Major Hazards OutreachMelbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
The purpose of the Manager, Major Hazards Outreach role is to lead and manage WorkSafe's Major Hazards and Dangerous Goods Outreach Program. As the Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance of key stakeholder relationships, managing key communications on behalf of the Major Hazards Program and managing education programs and materials. You also manage a small team of Process Safety Analysts who are responsible for assessing the Safety Cases submitted by Victorian Major Hazard Facilities as part of their licence to operate obligations. This is therefore a key leadership and influencing role with external stakeholders and the Major Hazards Program. You will
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:00pm, Monday 9th December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Manager, Major Hazards PD.pdf
Category: Health & Safety - Management
Reference ID: OH000019
Date Posted: 25/11/2019