- $120,036 per annum + Super
- Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Geelong, Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria
- Provide expert advice, conduct analysis and apply contemporary technical information to reduce risks to health & safety associated with plant, equipment and structures in the workplace.
- Effectively partner with WorkSafe's regional and metropolitan teams to provide engineering support in relation to complex workplace interventions, build technical capability across regional teams and support the development of tactical activities for local delivery.
- Experience and qualifications in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Civil, Structural engineering will be viewed favourably.
- Contribute technical expertise to the development of legislation, standards, guidance materials, operational policies and procedures in relation to plant, equipment and structures.
- Participate in investigations and prosecutions and act as an expert witness as required.
- Represent WorkSafe on specialist national, state and industry committees and forums as required, including the participation in Communities of Practice or Operational Reference Groups.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including demonstrated ability to interpret complex technical information and to communicate these matters in readily understandable language and terminology.
- Ability to review complex engineering designs, systems, processes and procedures to identify opportunities to reduce the incidence and severity of injury associated with plant, equipment and structures.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise in a professional manner with a range of internal and external clients/stakeholders.
- Ability to determine the root cause of an incident / issue and to determine appropriate controls to eliminate or reduce associated risks to health and safety, so far as is reasonably practicable.
Senior EngineerGeelong VIC, Australia
We want to utilise your skills and experience to continue to raise the bar in prevention strategies. Do you have what it takes to creative a safer environment for Victoria?
About the role
WorkSafe is seeking a Senior Engineer to provide specialist knowledge and technical expertise to help Victorian workplaces control health & safety risks associated with plant, equipment and structures. In this role you will have the opportunity to play a key role in helping Victorian workers to return home safely each day.
As part of a team of engineers you will provide engineering support to a wide variety of internal and external clients and assist in complex workplace interventions; incident investigations; policy, guidance and standards development; stakeholder consultation; and in developing the technical capability of WorkSafe's Inspectorate.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced Engineer who wants to make a difference in the community. You possess a demonstrated ability to liaise in a professional manner with a range of internal and external stakeholders and can work as part of a team. Your ability to act proactively and autonomously, combined with excellent time management skills will be crucial in prioritising a variety of competing priorities.
Working with Us
While the Engineering Unit is based at our headquarters in Geelong you will be able to work from a range of offices to service clients across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria; to facilitate this, you will be supplied a tool of trade vehicle once you complete your Inspector induction and appointment. WorkSafe also offers flexible working arrangements and has a strong focus on work / life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Friday 22 November. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on (03) 4243 8819.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Senior Engineer PD.pdf
Category: Health & Safety - Engineers
Reference ID: OH000009
Date Posted: 08/11/2019