- $104,979.00 Per Annum + Super
- Full Time or Part Time, Permanent
- Geelong location
- Efficient and effective management of a workers compensation caseload
- Engage all stakeholders to provide a support system for injured employees, returning them to work.
- Triage incident reports sent via the online system and initiate pro-active contact with employees in a timely manner following report of injury.
- Work with WorkSafe's Claims Agent and in accordance with relevant legislative requirements, ensure reconciliations and payments are correct and maintained.
- Provide payroll information for processing and track reimbursements. Audit payments for quality control.
- Produce monthly reports on claims management, strategy for return to work and progress.
- Refer employees to Occupational Rehabilitation Providers or other agreed service providers where deemed appropriate and monitor progress.
- Implement and maintain up to date RTW Plans or modified/alternate duties for employees.
- Educate and support staff on relevant RTW legislative requirements and their role in ensuring compliance and facilitation of the process.
- Demonstrated experience in RTW processes and employer based case/claims management.
- Understanding of Victorian legislation in relation to RTW with proven ability to deliver effective recommendations to progress complex cases
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner and tailor communication methods with diverse stakeholder groups including: Agents, senior management, employees, employer groups and union representatives
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to prioritise and adhere to tight deadlines for activity and project completion
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to be flexible and agile to work within a mobile and changing work environment
- Current driver's license
RTW CoordinatorGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The Return to Work Coordinator role sits within our Health, Safety and Wellbeing team. They work closely with HR business partners and our team of safety and health professionals to help promote the return to work of WorkSafe employees with workers compensation claims. The primary focus is to reduce duration rates of claims, guide managers and return employees to productive employment, but is not limited to this. Some travel to regional Victoria is required, as is the promotion of a positive and mentally healthy working environment.
Some key accountabilities include:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced RTW Coordinator with claims management expertise who can review, analyse and advise on return to work procedure and processes. Your communication, reporting and organisational skills are highly developed as stakeholder engagement is key within the role. You're also a team oriented person who enjoys delivering outcomes in a timely manner.
More specifically you have;
A tertiary qualification in health, claims management and/or relevant experience in a similar role
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Contributions towards Wellbeing Activities | WELL Rated Building | Head Office Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Volunteering for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 25th November. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from diverse backgrounds and professions and with no two days ever being the same, innovative thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
RTW Coordinator - PD.pdf
Category: Human Resources & Recruitment - Occupational Health & Safety
Reference ID: IR000013
Date Posted: 07/11/2019