- Geelong location
- $118,334.00 + superannuation
- Permanent position
- Development and execution of the Compliance Plan
- Coordination of management and Board attestations with legislative requirements
- Lead and facilitate training and communication initiatives for education and awareness on compliance across the organisation.
- Develop and implement controls assurance program across WorkSafe.
- Lead other key compliance and risk initiatives as they arise.
- Collaborate with the business risk partners for all compliance related activities
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in implementing Compliance Frameworks and awareness of industry approaches and trends.
- A high level of knowledge and expertise in the systems and regulations governing the function, and of the industry and discipline.
- Significant experience working with senior leaders and sufficient gravitas to be seen as sound counsel around compliance issues.
Compliance OfficerGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
We are seeking a full time Compliance Officer to join the Risk Management Unit to provide leadership of Compliance across WorkSafe. This is a permanent position. The role of the Compliance Officer is to provide oversight and practical assistance to the organisation in interpreting legislation and regulation and its applicability to WorkSafe Victoria, and ensuring the implementation of WorkSafe Victoria’s Business Compliance Policy and Procedure.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced Compliance or Risk Officer who wants to make a difference. Your communication and organisational skills are highly developed as you will be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders. You are a team oriented person who enjoys delivering on set objectives and exceeding expectations.
In addition you have;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Thursday 23rd of January. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Gemma Simpson at email@example.com
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Come and join a progressive and rewarding business to protect our workers and returning them home safely every day. If you want to make a difference, WorkSafe is a great step in a rewarding and satisfying career.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Category: Other - Other
Reference ID: JR000119
Date Posted: 09/01/2020