- $118,334 per annum + superannuation
- Full time, Fixed term until 30 June 2020
- Geelong Location
- Proactively managing the above categories and associated supplier contracts,
- Project managing and delivering high spend and complexity sourcing initiatives and supply chain opportunities,
- Leading complex negotiations
- Undertaking proactive market intelligence and risk management,
- Utilising category and procurement expertise to manage internal stakeholders and provide value add advice on all lifecycle procurement matters
- Developing collaborative supplier opportunities and,
- Developing reporting regimes as required (including Benefits tracking and Leakage monitoring).
- Designing and executing high spend and complexity sourcing solutions that are innovative and meet all agreed business needs
- Designing and executing long term strategies for the relevant categories through the development of detailed Category Management Plans
- Providing expert advice on all key supplier contractual matters in the category portfolio (including contract terms, SLA’s, insurances, indemnities, guarantees, and warranties),
- Providing business stakeholders with a point of escalation for any systemic contractual, strategic or commercial issues
- Executing extensions, exemptions, variations and terminations of legal instruments that meet stakeholders’ business needs
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve demand management and reduce leakage
- Gathering market and industry intelligence to identify and propose new supplier/category management and/or sourcing opportunities for the most important categories
- Manage and lead in the delivery of a rigorous Program of Work across allocated categories, including achieving target benefits, to be delivered and implemented across the portfolio Corporate, Events and Marketing, Sponsorship, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Property-related spend categories
- Developing strong collaborative supplier relationships which produce additional value for WorkSafe
- Actively and appropriately engaging stakeholders to provide single point Procurement representation and relationship management to the relevant Business Units
- Developing strong supplier engagement and relationships with key suppliers which aim to optimise value for money outcomes for WorkSafe
- Providing accurate and timely advice to stakeholders on all procurement matters.
- Leading complex negotiations and resolving supplier disputes
- Actively participate in creating a highly effective team and a positive team environment, including:
- Mentoring other team members where required
- High levels of team engagement, for example, actively participating in meetings, openly discussing issues, asking questions to improve knowledge whist sharing experiences with colleagues
- Commitment to personal learning and development
- Embrace the change management process by ensuring you understand the need for change, raising any concerns/issues with your manager and implementing the agreed change
- Ensuring the highest standards of ethics and probity in all procurement engagements
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of procurement practices and processes
- Any other reasonable and related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of WorkSafe
- WorkSafe and TAC internal stakeholders, executive management and their teams, particularly: External Affairs, Finance, People and Culture, Business Operations, Transformation, Risk, Corporate Administration, WorkWell, Research, Health and Safety, and ITSS
- WorkSafe and TAC’s designated probity practitioners
- Senior Finance Business Partners
- Corporate Legal Services.
- External Suppliers
- Internal Auditor
- External stakeholder organisations and government departments – e.g. DTF, VGPB, ACCS, and PiEF
- Strong Project Management and change management skills are essential
- Proven history of successfully closing out and delivering major projects
- A strong Procurement background in a tier 1 corporate or government organisation
- Exemplary stakeholder and relationship management at all levels
- Proven high-level conceptual and analytical skills, evident commercial acumen and exceptional verbal and written communication capability.
- Ability to lead, project manage and engage a wide variety of stakeholders across a number of business units
- Demonstrable well-developed judgement and problem solving abilities and the ability to show initiative and innovation in the development of solutions and managing issues.
- Strong ability to engage with senior leaders and executives and provide robust, transparent and sound advice in relation to specific subject matter.
- Consulting or major Corporate background desirable
- Strong Presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing strategic projects in in a complex and changing organisation
- Proven ability to build relationships and get the best out of people at all levels.
- Tertiary qualifications mandatory
Senior Category Advisor - Corporate and PropertyGeelong VIC, Australia
The purpose of the role is to lead in the delivery of lifecycle strategic procurement advice and support for WorkSafe spanning the organisation’s Corporate, Events and Marketing, Sponsorship, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Property-related spend portfolios – worth in excess of $150m per annum. This includes:
The role is responsible for maintaining and improving supplier arrangements by:
Requirements of the position
Skills and experience
Attributes and approach
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close Friday 21th February 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with a right to work in Australia may apply for this position may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Gemma Simpson on 03 4243 7364
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation.
Workplaces are changing rapidly, and community expectations are shifting. By 2030, Victoria will have a workforce of nearly four million people, with many Victorians working in very different environments with new hazards and risks. WorkSafe needs to transform itself in order to meet the challenges which lie ahead. WorkSafe 2030’s is a long-term, strategic response to these challenges.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Executive / Corporate Strategy - Corporate Development
Reference ID: VS000005
Date Posted: 13/02/2020