- $103,794 per annum + Super + vehicle
- Full Time, Ongoing Opportunity
- Melbourne CBD Location
- Conduct initial assessment and evaluation and emergency response:
- Conduct research and investigations:
- Makes recommendations:
- Identify and manage potential organisational risk
- Strong investigative criminal investigation skills including incident scene management
- Expertise in compilation of complex criminal briefs
- Expertise as an witness with the ability to appear before Courts, including potentially County and Supreme Court of Victoria
- Ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders including emergency management
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex investigations, comparable to workplace manslaughter or fatalities, within the criminal justice system.
- Forensic expertise in relation to evidence collection and production
- Strong ethical and value representation of the Workplace Regulator (WorkSafe)
- Thorough knowledge and ability to practically apply law and criminal procedure
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively and work independently
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation and standards
- Demonstrated ability to remain professional in interactions with a variety of stakeholders and in a variety of difficult situations
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to quickly grasp new information technology systems and database.
- Investigative skills course of related qualification preferred
Investigator OH&SMelbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
The Investigator (Health & Safety) Enforcement Group conducts investigations into contraventions of OHS legislation by individuals or companies. They undertake review and assessment of referred matters and make recommendations on appropriate enforcement actions.
The Health and Safety Investigator has a vital role in determining whether workplaces are complying with their health and safety obligations. They conduct comprehensive investigations into alleged breaches of the OH&S legislation which may lead to criminal prosecutions.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to;
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
To be successful the Skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications required include;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm 31 December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli via email at email@example.com.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Investigator - PD.pdf
Category: Investigators - Investigator
Reference ID: LO000149
Date Posted: 02/12/2019