- $116, 299 per annum + Super
- Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Geelong Location
- You will have significant experience in a similar role or that of an OHS inspector.
- You will have demonstrated ability to provide high level advice on OHS legislation.
- Identify, explore and build recommendations based on business requirements or opportunities identified through consultation with the business.
- Provide support to other Technical/Subject Matter Experts, team members and the inspectorate through the provision of advice and support in building strategies
- Tertiary qualifications in OHS and/or significant equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in a similar role or that of an OHS inspector.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise in a professional manner with a range of internal and external clients/stakeholders.
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to motivate others to adopt certain strategies or procedures and deal with sensitive issues in a tactful manner.
AdvisorGeelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The Advisor will work as part of the Operational Policy & Compliance team which is responsible for the provision of strategic operational advice for the field activities, management of a quality assurance (QA) system and associated functions and services within the Health & Safety Business Unit (HSBU).
The Advisor will play a key role in providing leadership and direction in the area of continuous improvement, provision of analysis, specialist knowledge and expertise to inform others' decision making and to recommend and develop business solutions or maximise opportunities in relation to field operations.
The role has a key systems focus however it also encompasses a critical communications component and a strong customer and user focus.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced OHS professional who wants to make a difference. You are a team oriented person who enjoys making an impact on your team and stakeholder.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm December 5. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on 03 4243 8819.
WorkSafe has a proud history. Over more than 30 years, we have worked hard with employers and workers to create safer workplaces.
During this time, Victoria's workers' compensation scheme has helped more than one million injured workers receive compensation, rehabilitation and medical services, while maintaining one of the lowest premium rates in Australia.
However, our workplaces and industries are changing rapidly and we are rapidly changing to be more prevention lead and client centric to our community.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Category: Health & Safety - Other
Reference ID: OH000011
Date Posted: 11/11/2019