- $97,093 per annum + Super
- Full time, Ongoing Roles (2 Positions)
- Melbourne CBD Location
- You will be engaging directly with HSR's across all industries and their employee representatives
- You will lead the promotion of employee representation to encourage the establishment of designated work groups (DWG's) with elected HSR's.
- Promote WorkSafe approved HSR initial and refresher training to ensure it is aligned with current legislation and effective health and safety workplaces
- You will be required to increase regulator, union (particularly VTHC) and employer representative collaboration.
- You will have a Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- High level communication skills (written and oral) including facilitation of groups, the ability to give advice and information and the ability to interpret existing legislation and policy.
- Sound knowledge of as well as practical experience implementing the current OHS legislation in Victoria
- Construction industry experience desirable
Health & Safety Representative Support OfficersMelbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
The purpose of these roles is to provide education and awareness to Health & Safety Representatives (HSR's) and support the establishment of sustainable networks of HSR's. These activities will enhance the level of understanding of Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) across the targeted sectors and facilitate improved safety outcomes.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced Support Officer who wants to make a difference. Your communication and organisational skills are exemplary - You have a passion for Victorians returning home from work safely every day. You are a team oriented person who enjoys making an impact on your team and stakeholder.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday December 16th. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on email@example.com
WorkSafe Victoria plays a critical role in the lives of Victorian employers and workers - as the state's health and safety regulator and as the manager of Victoria's workers compensation scheme. In both capacities, employers and workers are at the heart of our service.
Our aim is to keep all workplaces healthy and safe, and to deliver high quality care and treatment when workers are injured.
Our goals are to embed in every workplace a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety across the state, and to provide a personalised, tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe.
Like wearing a seatbelt or putting on sunscreen, "prevention-led" thinking will become automatic every time Victorians step into the workplace.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Category: Health & Safety - Other
Reference ID: OH000023
Date Posted: 02/12/2019