- $118,334 per annum + Super
- Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term
- Geelong Location
- Develop and implement communication programs, campaigns and strategies that support WorkSafe's strategic direction
- Develop clear and engaging presentations and speeches for WorkSafe's Chairman, CE, ELT, SLT and Minister as required that inform and inspire external and internal audiences
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand initiatives, issues and implications, and ensure all communication activity supports business objectives in line with WorkSafe's values
- Provide proactive and responsive strategic and tactical communications advice, identifying and managing reputational issues, risks and opportunities
- Identify and recommend communications solutions aligned to business objectives, demonstrating an analysis of business needs, a review of relevant research, consideration of risks and evaluation of alternatives
- Provide communication support at all WorkSafe events, including creation of speeches, presentations, videos, MC speaking notes, booklets, running sheets etc.
- Ability to synthesise complex material and issues to develop a clear strategic direction supported by key messages and an appropriate mix of communications channels and activities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues or messages clearly, simply and effectively to a range of audiences
- Excellent ability to build effective working relationships, with highly developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to plan and manage workflow and budget, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and background in intranet publishing systems ideal
Senior Communications Advisor1 Malop Street, Geelong VIC, Australia
About the role
As the Senior Communications Advisor you will develop and implement communication strategies to help the business achieve its corporate goals. You will be responsible for providing communications advice and support across the organisation, with a particular focus on internal communications and corporate communications such as speech writing and presentation development. Skilled at engaging external and internal audiences, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders to plan, develop, implement and evaluate communication programs, strategies and campaigns.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced Communications Advisor with exceptional speech writing and presentation development. You are a creative, team oriented person who enjoys making an impact on your stakeholder or audience.
Tertiary qualification in PR or Communications (or related field) preferred.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Tuesday 10th December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on (03) 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
PD - Senior Communications Advisor.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Government Relations and Corporate Affairs - Government Relations
Reference ID: IR000027
Date Posted: 26/11/2019