- $118,334.00 Per Annum + Super
- Full time, Fixed Term until June 2022
- Geelong location
- Proactively build and maintain collaborative client and stakeholder working relationships.
- Support the development of authoritative, strategic, and timely written and verbal advice in connection with broader government priorities and a wide range of local and national forums.
- Lead or assist strategic policy review with identification and provision of appropriate information, data, and evaluation methodologies.
- In undertaking these responsibilities you will investigate and research a wide range of policy issues, engage effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, and communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Undertake, support and contribute to applied economic analysis and provide policy advice across a wide range of occupational health and safety and compensation issues in a stimulating policy environment.
- Support staff in economic policy development considerations and techniques while encouraging an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Lead or assist the development of Regulatory Impact Statements (RIS), Legislative Impact Assessments (LIA) and provision of economic advice to the Government on any policy and/or legislative and regulatory reform.
- Undertake any other reasonable and related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of WorkSafe.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting or providing high level authoritative advice on complex policy and/or economic issues to senior officers, Government departments and Ministers within limited time constraints.
- Advanced written communication skills including the ability to explain complex or technical issues clearly and in a way that can be easily understood and accepted by a range of audiences.
- High level analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate evaluate and reach creative and practical solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance issues, including performance targets and measurable indicators.
- Proven ability to consult on complex and sensitive issues with a diverse range of stakeholders within critical timeframes.
- Ability to apply your knowledge of research, analysis and project management techniques, and desire to undertake continuous professional development.
- Knowledge of OHS and/or compensation law or other relevant legislation and understanding of development of legislation and related Parliamentary processes is preferable.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in economics is essential.
Economic Policy Adviser1 Malop Street, Geelong VIC, Australia
About the role
The purpose of the Economic Policy Adviser is to assist in providing strategic policy and economic advice on occupational health and safety and compensation matters. The position exists to help ensure that development and evaluation of legislative and regulatory change reflect WorkSafe's objectives and is facilitated by evidence-based information. The Economic Policy Adviser has an important role to play in helping to ensure WorkSafe continues its work towards actively preventing workplace injuries and illness from occurring
Some key accountabilities:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You're an experienced economic policy adviser who is able to work as an effective member of a highly motivated team. You will be able to meet consistent timelines and to effectively manage varying and complex workloads.
More specifically you will have;
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 23rd December. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
*Please note that shortlisting and interviews will take place into the New Year.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Economic Policy Adviser - PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Legal - Legislation & Regulation
Reference ID: IR000032
Date Posted: 02/12/2019