- $116, 299 per annum + Super
- Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Melbourne Location
- Plan, manage and lead the assessment of Safety Case submissions from major hazard facilities for compliance with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 using the appropriate procedures from the Business Management System related to Safety Case Assessment
- Assist Operators of registered major hazard facilities improve safety performance by exploring issues and developing practical strategies and means of assistance such as guidance material
- Participate in projects to improve regulation of hazardous industries
- Provide guidance in areas of specific expertise to Operators of major hazard facilities and WorkSafe colleagues
- Develop new or improved procedures for the regulatory duties of the analyst team, in a sound, transparent and efficient manner
- Provide technical support to the investigation of the causes of serious accidents and incidents involving major hazard facilities or related safety issues
- Perform statutory functions as Authorised Officers or Inspectors under applicable health and safety legislation
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and proven problem solving skills
- Appropriate qualifications in science, engineering or process chemistry and some operational experience preferred in chemical handling/processing environments
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to undertake effective research and analysis and produce accurate reports and material
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment and integrity
Process Safety AnalystMelbourne VIC, Australia
About the role
As the Process Safety Analyst you will be responsible for managing the application of a safety case regulatory regime to a number of Victorian major hazard facilities at various stages of the regulatory process such as Safety Case preparation, Safety Case compliance assessment, and oversight of safety performance after licensing.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
The Process Safety Analyst is adept in relevant chemicals management, systems safety and prevention of major hazard incidents. As the successful candidate you will have superior interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills as stakeholder engagement is key within the role.
You enjoy learning about new and diverse process technologies and working with a range of stakeholders to positively influence safety performance.
You will have appropriate tertiary qualifications in science, engineering or process chemistry and some operational experience is preferred in chemical handling/processing environments.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club || Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Monday 9th December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Process Safety Analyst PD.pdf
Category: Health & Safety - Safety Analysts
Reference ID: OH000018
Date Posted: 24/11/2019