- $117, 972 per annum + Super
- Full time, Fixed Term Position (until November 2021)
- Geelong Location
- You will be able to provide expert advice, conduct analysis and apply contemporary technical information to influence a reduction in the incidence and severity of work-related injury and disease.
- Identify opportunities, make recommendations and implement improvements to processes, systems and work practices.
- Provide assistance to the Operational and Regulatory Support Division in the development of policies and procedures and the development and delivery of training in relation to occupational hygiene.
- Contribute expertise to the development of legislation, standards, guidance materials, operational policies and procedures in relation to occupational hygiene
- You ready to shape the way silicosis is prevented within the Victorian workforce to ensure that Victorians return from work safely.
- Post graduate qualifications in occupational hygiene and a degree in a relevant discipline of science (preferably majoring in chemistry/physical science)
- Eligible for full membership of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (AIOH)
- A strong knowledge of occupational hygiene and experience in the application of, systems, processes and procedures to reduce the incidence and severity of injury and disease
- Demonstrated ability and experience in personal air monitoring
- Understanding and prior application of project management methodologies, including the preparation of project plans and undertaking project evaluation
Senior Occupational HygienistGeelong VIC, Australia
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
About the role
The role as a limited appointed Inspector will, under the direction of the Principal Hygienist, work predominantly on WorkSafe's strategic approach in preventing and responding to silica exposure in Victorian workplaces, while also working with the generalist inspectorate across the state.
The position will utilise expertise to provide specialist service, advice, air monitoring and the implementation and administration of specialist processes aligned with the framework of the OHS legislation. Whilst providing authoritative analysis, specialist knowledge and expertise to inform the decision-making of others, including the recommendation of business solutions, and contributes to the development of initiatives to reduce risk to health & safety associated with occupational hygiene hazards in the workplace.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced Occupational Hygienist who wants to make a difference. You have a passion for Workplace Safety. You are a team oriented person who enjoys making an impact on your team and stakeholder.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Tuesday, November 26. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli Hayes on 03 4243 8819
WorkSafe Victoria plays a critical role in the lives of Victorian employers and workers - as the state's health and safety regulator and as the manager of Victoria's workers compensation scheme. In both capacities, employers and workers are at the heart of our service.
Our aim is to keep all workplaces healthy and safe, and to deliver high quality care and treatment when workers are injured.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Senior Occupational Hygienist PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Health & Safety - Occupational Hygienists
Reference ID: OH000002
Date Posted: 04/11/2019