- $118,334.00 per annum + superannuation
- Permanent, Full time hours
- Geelong Location
- Conduct extensive and detailed reviews of premium and claim related issues for employers to formulate well-reasoned decisions.
- Liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders through the appeal process.
- Assist the Premium Services Officer and members of WorkSafe’s legal team in relation to litigation appeals.
- Act as a mentor, using your technical knowledge and experience to lead and educate other team members.
- Prepare high quality written Ministerial, Chief Executive, Executive and Director Briefs and correspondence as required.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying legislation.
- Ability to research and analyse information collected to inform your decisions.
- Previous experience working with limited guidance and share information with your colleagues.
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to converse with a variety of personnel from across WorkSafe and key external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in law, economics and/or accounting (including post-graduate studies). Alternatively (or in addition to) you will have significant and equivalent work experience.
Senior Premium Review OfficerGeelong VIC, Australia
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
The Insurance Business Unit (IBU) provides high level technical advice and service on complex premium related matters to ensure that Victorian employers are paying the correct amount of premium via an independent review process. This role will also work collaboratively across the IBU to assist and support the development of programs and projects in a challenging environment.
About the role
The position of the Senior Premium Review Officer provides high level technical advice and service on complex premium related matters and formulating considered and well-reasoned decisions regarding employer objections of premium calculations and penalties, as well as decisions relating to insurance clams acceptance matters.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Sunday 15th December 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Gemma Simpson on (03) 9940 4531.
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation
To meet the challenge, WorkSafe has begun modernising its services. We’re aiming to provide an inclusive, empathetic and tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe, and embed a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety in every workplace across Victoria by 2030.
Like wearing a seatbelt or putting on sunscreen, “prevention-led” thinking will become automatic every time Victorians step into the workplace.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
PD - Senior Premium Review Officer.pdf
Category: Insurance - Other
Reference ID: GS000203
Date Posted: 02/12/2019