- $65,148 per annum + Super
- Full Time, Fixed Term (Until Jan 2021)
- Geelong Location
- Provide accurate and timely information and advice to stakeholders on licensing issues via phone, face to face or written communications
- Manage stakeholder issues such as complaint handling through to resolution, either through providing advice or appropriate referral
- Perform a diverse range of Branch administrative tasks supporting the licensing function including mail processing, filing, archiving and refunds
- Referring and escalating complex issues, complaints and permissions to relevant areas
- Apply legislation when assessing applications to ensure compliance
- Proven experience and strong customer service focus - face to face or phone based
- Assess and process high volume and administrative type licensing and registration applications such as, but not limited to, High Risk Work (HRW)
- Provide accurate and timely information and advice to stakeholder issues via phone, face to face or written communications
- Ensure all completed work complies with approved procedures
- Develop and maintain knowledge, techniques and skills to deliver a high quality service
- Refer and escalate complex issues, complaints and permission type tasks to Senior Licensing Officers for processing and resolution
Licensing OfficerGeelong VIC, Australia
WorkSafe Victoria has entered in an exciting period of transformation to better serve the community we take pride in keeping safe.
About the role
The Licensing team is responsible for the issue and renewal of Licences under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Dangerous Goods Act.
The Licensing Officer provides operational support and service through the administration of a range of licensing procedures for a limited number of permission types.
The Licensing Officer needs to appropriately apply legislation when assessing applications to ensure that they are compliant. They also need to ensure the accuracy of any decisions or information that they provide.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Licensing, you will work closely with various internal WorkSafe business areas as well as provide dedicated service to external customers. The focus of the position will centre on queries, assessment, administration and accurate processing of licensing and registration applications. Additional responsibilities will cover the following:
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 16 December. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Oli via email at email@example.com
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Licensing Officer PD.pdf
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Health & Safety - Other
Reference ID: LO000146
Date Posted: 01/12/2019